Friday, May 24, 2013

Which Bond Theme Song Is #1?


Which Bond Theme Song Is #1?

While I pride myself in knowing a bit about James Bond, I know almost nothing about music.  My musical knowledge is paltry and my tastes are usually out of sync with just about everyone and anyone.  What I do know is that the Bond song theme has become as associated with the culture of the Bond films as the Walther PPK.  Major musical powerhouses from Paul McCartney to Madonna have been been entrusted to create and perform a memorable theme song that captures the essence of the film title and the spirit of the world's most famous secret agent.  Some of these experiments have resulted in theme songs that transcend the genre and become popular hits in their own right; others not so much.  Below are some of the more recognizable Bond Theme Songs by popular artists.   Vote and decide your favorite.  I will reveal the winner on June 8, 2013.




Which Bond Theme Song is #1?
  
pollcode.com free polls 



The opportunity to sing the Bond theme is so coveted that the next Bond film project has not even been announced yet and Bonnie Tyler has been rumored to have reached out to producers to request the opportunity to get a crack at the song even though Adele is widely considered the favorite, as the Craig Era's answer to Shirley Bassey.








No comments:

Post a Comment